Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ohio weather and chapped cheeks!



Johnson's Soothing Naturals Soothe & Protect Balm

It really takes something special in a product for me to go out of my way to recommend it and these cold windy winter months have helped me find one such product.

Ohio winter's are notoriously cold and snowy one day, then warm and windy the next. The joke in Ohio is if you don't like the weather, stick around fifteen minutes, it will change! My poor kids get windburn on their faces if they just look out the window when it is cold outside. The other day at preschool, Tyus' teacher commented on how nice and rosy his cheeks were. I look at his cheeks and just cringe. I absolutely hate smearing vaseline all over his cheeks because it is so messy and within ten minutes, there is more of it on his legos than on his face! And for some reason, I don't always think that is an accident....hmmm.

Well, when I was at Kmart the other week haunting the clearance aisle, I found this little tube of balm from Johnson's and thought I would give it a try. Well, that little balm now has a huge mommy fan.

First off, it smells great! I'm a big stickler for overdone smells but this scent is very light and pleasing. Second, what a great little package! The tube screws up, like a lip balm or a deodorant, so you don't have to stick your fingers in after the balm. Third, and best of all, it's not greasy! We have been using it all week as needed and it has worked wonders on his sensitive skin. No more greased up toys, so here's a big momma Woohoo from me!

I love my new find! Try it, you won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about Ohio weather! My husband's family is from New Carlisle. We always end up visiting them in the winter and get the worst dry skin.

    PS - I have a blog award for you here!

    ReplyDelete