Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bad day soon to be an expensive day

Wow, talk about a bad day. I am completely flustered. It started this morning when I went to get a load of laundry out of the dryer. It's not dry. I thought that maybe I had just turned the dial too far and it didn't run full cycle. So I start it again. come back half an hour later and nada. The clothes are cold and damp. Boo. Seems like the heat coil has decided to go out on me. I text the hubby to lament. he sends back a text saying a coil will probably cost about $75 but this might be my opportunity to get a new one if i want. Considering that the current dryer has fake wood trim on it and almost as many candles on its birthday cake as me, this sounds like not such a bad idea. But then, of course, my car decides to one up the dryer. It dies on me in my parents driveway as I am dropping the kids off for their Saturday evening grandparent time. I figure it must be the battery going out so my dad jumps it for me. It starts but the lights are dim, the gauges don't work and my battery light comes on and stays on. Boo again. I text the hubby again to lament. He consults his guy friends and they decide it is the alternator. Ouch. I have a Hyundai. I priced alternators online and double ouch. This is not going to be a cheap experience. I am going to call hyundai to see if the alternator is covered under my extended bumper to bumper warranty but I truly doubt it is. They probably consider it going bad normal wear and tear, like a battery going bad. The icing on the cake is that we are scheduled to go on vacation in ten days and this will eat into my budget for that. Oh well. I'll manage these crisis just like anything else............freak out, freak out, freak out some more and then just deal with it.

Such a mature way to handle things, isn't it?

:)Cat

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, it sounds like my Murphy's Law zone is extending your way!

    Did you try cleaning out the vent on the dryer? It sounds like mine is just as old as yours, that worked once for ours.

    ReplyDelete